Support LOD

After 25 years, LOD muziektheater can look back on a series of brilliant successes: The Woman who Walked into Doors en House of the Sleeping Beauties (Kris Defoort, Guy Cassiers), Die Siel van die Mier en De Gehangenen (Josse De Pauw, Jan Kuijken), Muur (Inne Goris, Dominique Pauwels), Ghost Road (Dominique Pauwels, Fabrice Murgia), The House Taken Over (Katie Mitchell, Vasco Mendonça), An Old Monk (Josse De Pauw, Kris Defoort), are a few of the hugely succesful productions LOD has made over the years. 

This is the result of putting our resources behind YOUNG talent and especially behind LONG-TERM artistic cooperation with artists.

In this work we are able to rely on subsidies from the Flemish Authorities and the City of Ghent (together 57.15%) and the remaining 42.85% is our own income from the sale of productions, and from co-production and sponsoring.

You too can support our work! There are three ways you can do this, which we explain below.

SUPPORT A YOUNG COMPOSER-IN-RESIDENCE

As from the 2016-17 season, we are offering young composers a true residence workplace. A creative place in a welcoming company where, surrounded by LOD staff and their expertise, they can take new steps at their ease and in full concentration.

What does an artistic residence at LOD involve?

  • We offer a fully-equipped workspace where the composer can get to work in accordance with his own timing, organisational plan and documentation.
  • The projects may be small, or they may work towards a first major project.
  • LOD will organise encounters between different artists and disciplines – composers, singers, directors, librettists, production managers etc. – so that they can get to know each other better and are able to collaborate.
  • This may be the stepping stone to national and international theatres.

In 2016-17 we are starting off with the young composer Daan JANSSENS. He is working with LOD on the opera Menuet, based on the book by Louis Paul Boon. The director is Fabrice Murgia. The singers are Cécile Granger, Raimund Nolte and Tineke Van Ingelgem, and they will be accompanied by the Spectra Ensemble conducted by Filip Rathé.

(http://www.lod.be/en/productions/menuet).

You can make the acquaintance of this young artist here!

Will Daan and LOD be able to count on your support for this project? We need an extra €10,000 a year to sustain the quality of a residence. If you live in Belgium you can support and experience this project by means of a gift. As a donor, we keep you informed of Daan’s work and for the exclusive presentations you will have a seat in the front row.

Follow your passion as a lover of music and theatre and see young talent growing thanks to your support.

Support Young Talent, Support LOD: you can transfer your donation to our account (BE61 5230 8081 4617), giving ‘Young Talent’ as the subject. For donations of more than €40 you will receive a certificate stating that this is a tax-free gift. It is 45% tax deductible. A fine optimisation, genuine support and a good feeling at a single stroke. Don’t hesitate!

NOTE: You can only receive a tax certificate if you live in Belgium!

SUPPORT BY MEANS OF A STANDING ORDER

Make it easy for yourself by making a small monthly payment by standing order. For example, at €5 a month you would already be making a tax-deductible donation of €60 per year. Set it up today and become a LOD Donor, making sure of your front row seat for what we and our artists are doing.

You can make out the standing order to this account: BE61 5230 8081 4617, with ‘standing order for gift’ as the subject.

SUPPORT A NEW OPERA PRODUCTION

LOD’s plans are already set out as far ahead as 2020 and there is some marvellous new work in store with Josse De Pauw, Fabrice Murgia, Kris Verdonck and others. We shall be making international tours, taking in France, Canada, Brazil and the USA. This is a unique opportunity to link your name (in combination with your network or your company) to high-quality work and a powerful brand, with a great reputation and specific sponsor programmes. Want to sit down together to brainstorm? Contact Raf Vandenbussche on 0475 844 364.